The aim of Biometallum is to demonstrate the technical and economic feasibility of a biotechnological process for the valorisation of electronic waste, as a more sustainable and profitable alternative for the recovery of valuable metals. This proposal, based on circular economy and the concept of urban mining, promote local business from a technology that reduce dependence on limiting natural resources and manage a type of waste (electronic) that is increasing at a higher rate in our society, which has an associated negative impact on environment and human health.
- Receiving discarded mobile phones from May 2016.
- Accepts devices from Catalonia at the moment.
- Biometallium does not pay for the shipping.
The mobiles are divided into 3 components.
♻️ Metals such as Copper, Lithium, Cobalt and Gold are extracted from the motherboards thanks to a BACTERIA recovery system.
♻️ Screens are stored for the present.
♻️ Plastic casings are stored for the present.
- Biometallum belongs tu Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and is in Manresa (Barcelona,Spain)
- Open to connect with phone brands and manufacturers.
About the Recovery Center Biometallum
Take back your old item for recovery and join our Circular Economy System in 4 steps.